DOVER KENT ARCHIVES

Sort file:- Deptford, July, 2019.

Page Updated:- Sunday, 21 July, 2019.

PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Paul Skelton

Earliest 1845-

Carpenter's Arms

Closed 1896

10 Oscar Street (Francis Street 1866)

St. Paul

Deptford

 

Addressed as Francis/Frances Street around 1858-1873.

The pub closed  in the 1896 and has since been demolished, the site is now being used as the "Friendly Gardens."

 

Kentish Independent, Saturday 25 August 1883.

The following applications to transfers were adjourned for certain formalities.

The "Carpenters Arms," St Paul, Deptford, proposed to be licensed to William Higgs, under the 14th section.

 

LICENSEE LIST

HUDSON William to July/1845

GOODSON Matthew John July/1845+

EVANS Walter 1847-Jan/54

HOWLETT Charles Jan/1854-56+

HUDSON William Jan/1856+

HOWLETT Charles 1858+

FYE Walter Aug/1866+

COLEMAN Robert to Jan/1870

BARNSTEAD William George Jan/1870+

HOLLOWAY Frank to Feb/1872

HASLIP Peter Feb/1872+

RADLEY Thomas 1874+

KELLEWAY Oscar 1881+ (age 30 in 1881Census)

HIGGS Isaac 1882-Aug/1883 dec'd Kentish Independent

HIGGS William Aug/1883+ Kentish Independent

SKUDDER Job Armstrong 1896+

http://pubshistory.com/CarpentersArms.shtml

 

CensusCensus

Kentish IndependentKentish Independent

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML