DOVER KENT ARCHIVES

Sort file:- Maidstone, March, 2021.

Page Updated Maidstone:- Sunday, 07 March, 2021.

PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Paul Skelton

Earliest 1964-

(Name from)

Wig and Gown

Latest 1964+

 

Maidstone

Wig and Gown

Above photo, date unknown.

Wig and Gown sign 1964

Above sign 1964.

With thanks from Brian Curtis www.innsignsociety.com.

 

Previously known as the "New Inn" and later the "New Inn and Railway Hotel" when the railway opened in 1874. The name changed to the "Wig and Gown" some time after the second world war to try and attract legal clients during the Kent Assizes or Quarter Session, but unfortunately the premises was demolished in the 1980's to make way for the Invicta Office Block.

 

LICENSEE LIST

HARRISON Norman & Joan 1960s

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to http://www.kentphotoarchive.com/