DOVER KENT ARCHIVES

Sort file:- Woolwich, December, 2018.

Page Updated:- Saturday, 22 December, 2018.

PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Paul Skelton

Earliest 1866-

Royal Pavilion

Latest 1866+

North Woolwich

Woolwich

 

Although North Woolwich is on the Essex side of the Thames the area was administered with the rest of Woolwich after the aftermath of the 1066 conquest and so was once part of Kent. The name North Woolwich became part of Essex after the opening of the now closed railway station with that name in 1847. In 1888 it became part of the County of London and in 1965 became part of Greater London.

 

Only found to date in a list of licensees from a local paper of 1866.

 

LICENSEE LIST

BISHOP Charles 1866+

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to www.Pubshistory.com