DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Paul Skelton

Earliest 1868-

Crosswall Shades

Latest 1868

(Name to)

Crosswalls

 

Obviously serving before 1868, but on application of a new license by Messrs. H. C. Fuhr and H. Jones, changed the name to the "Hotel of Paris" in this year.

 

From the Dover Express and East Kent Intelligencer, 30 October, 1868. Price 1d.

Permission to sell at the "Crosswall Shades" was granted to Messrs. H. C. Fuhr and H. Jones, who intend carrying on the house in question under the sign of the "Hotel de Paris."

 

 

LICENSEE LIST

FUHR Henri C & JONES H 1868 Next pub licensee had

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to www.DeadPubs.co.uk