DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Barry Smith and Paul Skelton

Earliest 1854-

Crystal Palace

Latest 1857+

Strond Street

 

The palace itself had opened in 1854. W Philpot Spice kept one of this name in 1856. Perhaps appropriate at the time and it changed hands in 1857 to Mr. Robert Thomas, of Staplehurst.

 

From the Dover Telegraph and Cinque Ports General Advertiser, Saturday 7 February, 1857. Price 4d.

BOROUGH PETTY SESSIONS

A transfer of license was granted from Mr. Spice, "Crystal Palace" beer-house, in Strond Street, to Mr. Robert Thomas, of Staplehurst.

 

 

LICENSEE LIST

SPICE W Philpott 1856-Feb/1857

THOMAS Robert Feb/1857+

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to www.DeadPubs.co.uk