DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Barry Smith and Paul Skelton

Earliest 1847-

Folkestone Arms

Latest 1851+

Biggin Street

 

Only found in Batemans directory of 1847 to date. It is possible that this later became the "Three Tuns" and "Lord Raglan".

 

However, as Bateman ran the establishment in 1847 there is some doubt as James Tyman was licensee of the "Three Tuns" in that same year, and the "Three Tuns" was operating from between 1792 and 1854 then his wife Sarah apparently took over, and that overlaps.

 

Further research has found the house listed in a document kept at the Dover museum listing the public houses of 1851.

 

LICENSEE LIST

BATEMAN J 1847 Bagshaw's Directory 1847

 

Bagshaw's Directory 1847From Bagshaw Directory 1847

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML