DOVER KENT ARCHIVES

Page Updated:- Sunday, 02 December, 2018.

PUB LIST DOVER HISTORY Paul Skelton

 

Blucher Row

 

Picture from the Dover Express and East Kent News, 16 August, 1939.

Blucher Row 1936

Blucher Row (17 August 1934), on Durham Hill, now the site of the Corporation flats. The name dates the property to about 1815. It was cleared under slum clearance in the mid-1930s. It is not known whether the Half Moon is in this picture.

Picture from the Dover Express and East Kent News, October, 1934.

Blucher Row October 1934

BLUCHER ROW TODAY.

The whole of the houses in Blucher Row have now been demolished under the Slum Clearance Scheme.

 

TOP   Valid CSS Valid XTHML