DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Barry Smith

Earliest 1848

Hotel de Brussels

Latest 1854+

(Name to)

3 Beach Street

 

About 1848 it was known as "Hotel de Brussels" and by 1854 it had changed name to the "Bruxelles Inn".

Further research shows the premises mentioned as the "Brussells Inn" from a list of public houses held at the Dover museum dated 1851.

For photo of Beach Street click here.

 

LICENSEE LIST

PAY Henry 1845

PAY Mrs Mary Ann 1847 Bagshaw's Directory 1847

Changed name to "Bruxelles Inn"

 

Bagshaw's Directory 1847From Bagshaw Directory 1847

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid XTHML Valid XTHML