DOVER KENT ARCHIVES

Sort file:- Tunbridge Wells, December, 2018.

Page Updated:- Sunday, 30 December, 2018.

PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Paul Skelton

Earliest ????

(Name from)

Pump House

Demolished 1985

Grosvenor Road

Royal Tunbridge Wells

Pump House

Above photo, date unknown, kindly sent by Mick White.

 

Previously known as the "Times Tavern" the pub changed name before being demolished about 1985 to make way for the Royal Victoria Place shopping centre.

 

Sussex Agricultural Express 27 January 1891.

Mr. W. E. Urquhart, better known as the Leviathian Caterer, was also granted an occasional license, and an extension to sell refreshments at the yeomanry ball at the Pump-room.

 

LICENSEE LIST

URQUHART W E Mr 1891+

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/pumphouse.html

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML