DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Barry Smith

Earliest 1791-

Black Pig

Latest 1828

(Name to)

Limekiln Street

 

Present in 1792. The name changed after 1827? to "Newcastle Arms"

For photo of Limekiln Street click here.

 

LICENSEE LIST

RIGDEN John 1791

ATKINS 1805 (Name also appears at the "Coach & Horses")

DEBENHAM John 1823-28+ Next pub licensee had Pigot's Directory 1823Pigot's Directory 1828-29

Name changed to "Newcastle Arms."

 

Pigot's Directory 1823From the Pigot's Directory 1823

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to www.DeadPubs.co.uk