DOVER KENT ARCHIVES
PUB LIST PUBLIC HOUSES Barry Smith

Earliest 1823-

Blacksmith's Arms

Latest 1841-

(Name to)

Queen Street

 

Pigot's directory of 1823 mentions a Blacksmith's Arms in Queen Street, hosted by Thomas Cobb, but no other information has come to light as yet. By 1832 had changed name to the "Carpenter's Arms," or perhaps the "Cause is Altered.

 

LICENSEE LIST

COBB Thomas 1823 Pigot's Directory 1823

 

Pigot's Directory 1823From the Pigot's Directory 1823

 

If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-

TOP Valid CSS Valid XTHML

 

LINK to www.DeadPubs.co.uk