|PUB LIST||PUBLIC HOUSES||Paul Skelton|
Opened as early as 1617 but not really mentioned properly until 100 years later in 1717 Thomas Baker's Quarry Book.
The name changed to the "Royal George" in honour of the second Hanoverian monarch George II (the last British monarch to be born outside Great Britain) around 1734.
HUNT Jeffrey Listed 1717
GODDEN Thomas Mentioned 1734
From More Bastions of the Bar by Easdown and Rooney
If anyone should have any further information, or indeed any pictures or photographs of the above licensed premises, please email:-